£50k - 60k per year
about 1 year ago
Safety, Risk and Assurance Manager - £50,000 to £60,000 + Bonus (up to 20%) + Benefits – Manchester - *Excellent progression opportunities*
Principal People are delighted to be partnered with a household name within the Retail industry to identify a Safety, Risk and Assurance Manager to operate from their Manchester office and to influence across their property portfolio.
The company is underpinned by a core set of values and principles that flow deeply through the company’s DNA, influencing the culture of it’s employees as well as making a profound difference to wider society.
The company’s long and illustrious history of trading dates back to the 18th century and continues to flourish, with group revenue increasing by 7% from 2017 to 2018 and profit increasing by 29% in the same time period.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- There will be excellent progression opportunities in this role over the next 12-18 months
- You will be part of a value driven, ethical and highly regarded organisation that pride themselves on ‘doing the right thing’
- You will be part of a high-performing team, operating in a fast paced environment
- The diversity of ‘risk’ in this role extends itself to; Health and safety, operational risk, business continuity and statutory building compliance – a skillset that lends itself well for future career opportunities
As the Safety, Risk and Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring, analysing and optimising the journey of risk in relation to property, from root cause through to potential incident
- Leading and managing auditing programmes in relation to safety and risk
- Liaising with colleagues in other business units to share best practice and drive continuous improvement
- Managing relationships internally and externally within the organisation, ensuring alignment between business operations and external bodies
- Identifying risk-related training needs within the business and ensuring that people are empowered at a local level to operate safely
To be considered as the Safety, Risk and Assurance Manager, you will:
- Hold a degree level qualification in; health and safety, assurance, risk and / or asset management
- Ideally have industry experience within the; Retail, Property, Facilities, Construction (fit out) sectors
- Have tangible risk experience in addition to health and safety experience
To ensure that you do not miss out on this truly unique opportunity please press ‘apply’, visit www.principalpeople.co.uk directly or send your CV directly to Zac Wilson on firstname.lastname@example.org.