£50k - 55k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 month ago
Senior Building Surveyor – £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits – Sheffield
Social Housing Recruitment have a new and exciting opportunity for a Senior Building Surveyor to work with a high performing Housing Association in the Social Housing sector. The organisation we are partnering with are one of the leading organisations providing good quality, affordable homes along with care and support services.
The successful Senior Building Surveyor will need to have extensive experience of dealing with external contractors making sure the work is cost viable and up to standard.
Our client is keen to get someone on board that will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive repairs, planned maintenance and improvement service which ensures that tenants’ homes are well maintained
Senior Building Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Undertaking technical surveys on properties and advise accordingly
- Liaising with external contractors making sure the work carried out is cost viable and up to standard
- Carrying out pre and post-inspections and ensuring projects are delivered with quality and value for money
- Inspecting aspects of compliance making sure each project is aligned with company procedures and legislation
- Taking a lead on the Project Management of a variety of improvement/major projects including Party wall matters
- Assisting with Legal Disrepair claims, attending Court where necessary
- Mentoring trainee surveyors and provide training/coaching for Building Inspectors Team.
The successful Senior Building Surveyor must possess:
- Extensive knowledge of building maintenance and diagnostic techniques
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations, CDM Regulations, Planning and Party Wall Legislation
- Project management experience
- An understanding of H&S legislation
- Experience of the Social Housing sector
- Relevant building surveying, building or architectural degree – RICS / CIOB or Master’s Degree
- Access to their own private vehicle
In return, the successful candidate will receive a salary up to £55,000 on top of this you will receive a fantastic benefits package including excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities, pension scheme, learning and development opportunities. This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this exciting Surveyor position in Social Housing, please reply to us today to express your interest today.