£28k - 35k per year
01252 759 162
about 1 year ago
Senior Ecologist - £28k-£35k plus an extensive package based in Birmingham
Are you an experienced Ecologist looking to add real value to a team of dedicated professionals within an established environmental consultancy?
Following consistent growth, even through 2020, Principal People are partnering with a leading environmental consultancy who are searching for a Senior Ecologist to continue the development of their team. Working across a diverse range of construction, rail and engineering contracts, this is a role that will be both home and site based; the role will offer the chance to engage regularly with clients and the organisation believes in continuous professional development with training internally and externally encouraged.
You will work within a team of Ecologists and for a business that is going through a sustained period of growth. With more growth planned, joining the organisation as a Senior Ecologist provides the potential to grow into a Principal Ecologist and future leader for the business as they continue to expand.
The successful Senior Ecologist will have responsibilities including the following:
- Leading your own projects from initial client engagement through to completion
- Conducting regular ecological surveys for a range of clients and contracts, from housing developers to infrastructure projects including rail
- Carrying out consultations, research, analysis, and write reports
- Working at both a technical (e.g. ecological reports) and commercial level (e.g. understand financial performance)
- Undertaking bat surveys and conduct follow up reports, providing expert advice to clients including construction, rail and more.
The successful Senior Ecologist will have:
- Degree level in an environmental discipline (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of conducting bat surveys (essential)
- Class 2 Bat Licence (highly desirable)
In return the successful Senior Ecologist will receive:
- A basic salary of £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Bonus scheme
- Regular training and career development
This is a truly rare and challenging opportunity which is an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today by sending your most up to date CV.