£45k - 55k per year
about 2 years ago
I am currently looking for a Senior Health and Safety Advisor to join a leading Education organisation based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation in which no two days are the same. As the Senior Health and Safety Advisor you will be part of an organisation who is going through significant change within a role that has opportunity to work within an unbelievably varied Estates team with a range of different sites and staff under your remit. You will be the lead for Health and Safety within the Estates department and will deputise for the Director of Health and Safety when necessary. You will also have line management responsibilities and the autonomy required to work at this level.
As the Senior Health and Safety and Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Provide the Director of H&S and the Director of Estates with a trusted source of professional expertise, advice and support in health and safety within facilities maintenance, accommodation, retail, catering, projects and construction works.
- Work with the Estates leadership team to create, monitor and update the Estates H&S management procedures to ensure they are effective, comprehensive and that compliance with H&S legal requirements is achieved.
- Undertake investigations into significant and potentially significant accidents, incidents and near misses in accordance with the University’s procedures.
- To drive the health and safety agenda by providing information and leadership on health and safety topics to managers, head teachers and all levels of staff.
- Manage the fire safety adviser ensuring that they have regular one to ones, appraisals, training and development in accordance with the University’s HR procedures.
The ideal Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent within Occupational Health and Safety (NVQ level 5 / NCRQ Level 6 Diploma)
- Experience carrying out operational and strategic Health and Safety tasks within a multidiscipline organisation in an autonomous capacity (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Construction, Property Management, Property Development)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to engage staff and increase Health and Safety buy within the Estates team.
- Possess an understanding on Fire Safety Management as they will be managing the Fire Safety Advisor.
In return, the successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £55,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming three weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.