£55k - 65k per year
01252 759 162
3 months ago
Senior Health and Safety Manager- 55k-65k plus Company Car + Private Pension Scheme + Wellbeing Allowance + Healthcare + 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays Based from Cobham.
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and significant, Senior Health and Safety Manager position to join a highly reputable Infrastructure and Civil Engineering organisation covering a prestigious Infrastructure project near Cobham. This nationally recognised market leading company have been involved with a number of ground-breaking projects and contracts across the UK. This operational and strategic position will allow the successful candidates to have a huge influence across a major project.
The Senior Health and Safety Manager will have a unique opportunity to develop Reporting directly to the Head of HSES, the appointed person will be tasked with recruiting and leading a team of experienced professionals to achieve specific tasks and also have the opportunity to build the team of HSE professionals.
This excellent opportunity offers an exceptional platform for a Health and Safety professional to enhance their career further and represent a renowned industry leader who are ever increasing their project portfolio across all forms of Infrastructure and Construction.
The significant but hugely positive challenge will include attending regular client and internal meetings, develop strategies, policies and objectives for the organisation and strive towards their visions.
Key responsibilities of this Senior Health and Safety Manager role include:
- Managing and leading a team of Health, Safety and Environmental professionals
- Attending regular client, contractor and internal meetings
- Reviewing the organisations Safety, Health, Environment and Quality policies and procedures, creating strategic proposals and gaining commitment from the board to develop these across the business
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Creating and implementing initiatives
- Site inspections, audits, accident investigations as required.
The successful Senior Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Highways, industries.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as a minimum
- Previous experience leading, developing or delivering behavioural safety programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience leading and managing a team with direct links to major projects.
In return the salary is £55-£65k + Company Car or Car Allowance + Private Pension Scheme + Healthcare + Wellbeing Allowance + 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
If this is of interest please apply immediately to avoid disappointment or send me your cv directly to email@example.com