High-end Salary + £8k Relocation Allowance + Excellent Benefits Package
01252 759 162
about 1 month ago
Newly created Senior Health, Safety and Environment Manager Position – Cornwall – High-end Salary range, 27 days holiday + Bank Holidays, and very attractive wider benefits package including an £8,000 relocation allowance.
Are you seeking a fresh challenge with the autonomy to truly shape the role as your own?
Are you passionate about Health, Safety and Environment and interested in working for a global business who truly value HSE and the profession?
If so, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and significant Senior Health, Safety and Environment Manager position for a global engineering organisation who are leaders in their field.
This globally recognised company are offering the successful candidate full autonomy to make a real difference within this role offering the freedom to devise strategy and managing a team of 4 HSE professionals to deliver his across a large engineering site.
Reporting directly to the MD of the site and as part of the Senior Leadership Team, this role will be integral to driving forward the HSE performance and culture on this site.
Why work for this company?
- A newly created position due to rapid growth within the organisation
- Working for a prestigious company offering ample development and training opportunities
- Lots of variation within the role and the opportunity to implement new HSE projects
- Being part of a fully invested team with excellent buy-in to HSE from the business and Site Leader
- Close interaction with the Global Head of HSE enabling mentoring and professional development.
- An Environmentally focussed company, looking to greatly surpass any minimum environmental and sustainability requirements
Key responsibilities of this strategic and operational role include:
- Reviewing the organisations HSE policies and procedures and introducing improvement plans
- Working closely with SLT and Senior Stakeholders to drive forward HSE performance on site
- Leading a team of Health and Safety professionals, developing and mentoring them
- Prioritising critical issues and devising plans to address these
- Leading site inspections, audits, accident investigations as required
- Proactive approaches to HSE and being ahead of the curve in terms of changes to site requirements regarding Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability
The successful Senior Health, Safety and Environment Manager will hold:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Qualification
- People management experience
- Environmental and Sustainability experience would be desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience within Engineering, Manufacturing or a similar Environment would be desirable but not essential.
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard back within 10 working days unfortunately your application has not been successful.