£40k - 50k per year
about 2 years ago
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting career opportunity for a Senior Health Safety and Environmental Manager, to join a well-established, thriving, UK leading Food Manufacturing organisation based in Settrington.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in an extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for the overall Health, Safety and Environmental on a day to day basis and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards Health and Safety standards. In return our client can offer you the chance to put your own mark on the role and offering career progression opportunities in the future.
The successful Senior Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety.
As a as Health, Safety and Environmental Manager the role will cover all aspects and matters relating to Health and Safety within the food manufacturing environment, integrating a common-sense approach into the business needs. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Proactively influencing all levels of the business to ensure that safety and environment is incorporated and considered correctly as part of the daily activities.
- Deliver sustainable improvements to the health, safety and environment and help to develop a cultural change in the mindset of all employees.
- Reporting of accident statistics, RIDDOR reports as required and the review of near miss forms.
- Producing statistics and trending for managers after reporting and analysing accidents and near miss figures
- Development and implementation of risk assessments, safe systems of work and manufacturing operating procedures.
- Carry out accident investigations, ensuring correct reporting and review and feedback on the quality of accident investigations.
- Implementation of health & safety toolkits, to promote a strong Health and Safety culture.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Training.
- Build, develop and maintain effective working relationships across the business and with external parties to included health, safety and environment, Environmental Agency and Company’s Insurance Company.
The successful Senior Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent, although not essential)
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures.
- Experience working within a food manufacturing company although not essential.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a Health and Safety role.
- IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent
In return, the successful Senior Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will be offered a salary up to £50,000 depending on qualifications and experience, including holiday and pension.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.