£23k - 27k per year
over 1 year ago
SHE Advisor – Wellingborough – £23 - £27k - Single site
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting an incredibly exciting career opportunity for an SHE Advisor, to join a well-established, thriving and highly reputable organisation based in Wellingborough.
This standalone position is offering you lots of autonomy to make your own mark but also offering training and development to further your skills and experience. You will be responsible for the overall health, safety and environmental issues on site on a day to day basis and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards SHE standards. In return our client can offer you training, development and an opportunity to work on a very autonomous basis, managing your own diary, within an organisation who really value their employees and who support Health and Safety.
The successful SHE Advisor will report directly to the Health and Safety Director.
As an SHE Advisor the role will cover all aspects and matters relating to Health, Safety and Environment within the facility, integrating a common-sense approach into the business needs. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise and overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Deliver sustainable improvements to the facility and help to develop a cultural change in the mindset of all employees.
- Reporting of accident statistics, RIDDOR reports as required and the review of near miss forms.
- Development and implementation of risk assessments, safe systems of work and manufacturing operating procedures.
- Carrying out accident investigations, ensuring correct reporting and review and feedback on the quality of accident investigations.
- Carrying out the implementation of health & safety toolkits, in order to promote a strong Health and Safety culture.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Training.
The successful SHE Advisor will have:
- a NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or working towards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within a Logistics or warehousing or manufacturing company.
In return, the successful SHE Advisor will be offered a salary of £23 - £27k depending on qualifications and experience, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays and auto enroll pension.