£85k - 100k per year
01252 759 162
over 1 year ago
UK Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
Principal People have been retained by a global transport and infrastructure business to secure an innovative and ambitious UK Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced UK Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality to join an international organisation who are a market leader in their specialist field of transport and infrastructure.
With fantastic core values, culture, and a superb reputation, this offers a genuine opportunity to not only add true value to the organisation and its employees but also the transport and infrastructure industry. As a bonus this role provides fantastic career progression for a passionate and ambitious safety professional, offering a clear step up to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Director within two years.
The role of UK Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality requires strong leadership qualities, with responsibility for a wider team of nearly 20 HSEQ professionals. The successful candidate will also be instrumental in continuing to nurture and develop a progressive Health and Safety culture. Reporting directly to the Global HSEQ Director, with a dotted line to the CEO, the UK Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will be based 1-2 days week from a modern and easily accessible central London office, with the remainder of the working week operating with a mix of both home working and regional travel.
The UK Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Qualitywill be responsible for:
- Leading transformational change programmes to continuously improve HSEQ performance and engagement
- Working with the UK Executive Team, plus the wider Group HSEQ function to design, agree and deliver HSEQ strategy
- Engaging with key clients to strengthen collaboration and sharing of best practice
- Leading a diverse and dispersed team of established HSEQ professionals, through both direct and matrix reporting structures
The ideal UK Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality will possess:
- Experience working within a high risk or highly regulated environment (Oil and Gas / Energy / Aviation / Rail / Infrastructure)
- Experience managing and developing individuals within a variety of cultures and environments, with proven experience of working with different personalities to win buy in and bring people forward on their safety journey
- A relevant health and safety qualification, ideally at degree / diploma level
- Full UK Driving licence
- Experience working with systems and governance frameworks – ideally ISO 45001
- The presence, gravitas, confidence, and commercial awareness to engage with and influence key stakeholders including CEO, deputy CEO and Operational Directors
- A high level of intellect, written and verbal communication skills along with a solutions focused approach
In return the salary for the UK Head of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality is £85,000 - £100,000, plus company car or car allowance (£6,000), travel expenses, 11% pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, discretionary bonus and private healthcare.
Applications close on the 11th January 2021. To avoid disappointment, please apply now to ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity.