£131.8k - 166.9k per year
almost 2 years ago
Vice President, Health and Safety Director
A unique newly created opportunity has arisen for the position of Vice President, Health and Safety Director with a global power generation organisation. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Leadership team.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, as the Vice President, Health and Safety Director you will benefit from significant exposure with the board and working with a fast paced and dynamic senior leadership team. This exciting role, based out of the organisations Vienna headquarters is a truly global position, where you will benefit from extensive exposure to a variety of cultures across three different continents.
This is an exceptional chance to work for an entrepreneurial business with an enviable passion and approach towards health and safety, who are committed to continually improving their performance and the wellbeing of their workers. You will enjoy working strategically but also with the chance to work operationally when required within this role.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- A rare opportunity to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial business, with impressive growth potential
- As it is newly created, the role comes with autonomy and the incredible opportunity to shape the role as your own
- The role has direct access to all key stakeholders within the organisation, with impact potential with the board, reporting directly into the Chief Operating Officer
- An exciting global role, providing extensive opportunities for travel working within a business embracing diverse cultures
As the Vice President, Health and Safety Director you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the wider business leaders in deploying and implementing new health and safety initiatives and priorities to impact operational performance
- Managing and leading the health and safety team, ensuring best practice health and safety is being driven across the globe
- Set the health and safety strategy, creating new policies and procedures, whilst ensuring these are truly embedded at all levels across the organisation
- Continuously improving health and safety management systems and maintaining accreditations
The successful Vice President, Health and Safety Director will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or an equivalent Health and Safety Qualification
- Hold a university degree, ideally within a technical engineering discipline
- Have significant health and safety experience gained within a large and high-risk international business
- Be a strategically minded individual, comfortable operating at board level with a fast paced and rapidly growing organization, but happy to work operational when required
In return, the successful Vice President, Health and Safety Director will be offered a salary of between €150,000- €190,000, plus a competitive bonus of up 40%, pension, healthcare and 25 days annual leave.
Principal People are acting as retained advisors to this organisation, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this outstanding opportunity.