Principal People are currently recruiting for an Accounts Administrator to join our business, due to an internal promotion. This is a genuinely unique opportunity to join our growing business at an incredibly exciting time, supporting the Office Manager with the overall operation of the accounting and HR functions, as an integral part of the business.
Established almost 30 years ago, Principal People has grown from strength to strength, building an outstanding team culture whilst organically growing the business. Reporting directly to the Office Manager, the selected candidate will have the ability to build their knowledge across HR, payroll and accounts administration while working as a valued part of a welcoming, high performing team.
This role would suit a candidate with a passion for administration and an interest in Human Resources and Accounting. The successful Accounts Administrator will support the payroll of both our internal employees and external contractors and will spend approximately 50% of the working week within credit control, therefore excellent verbal and written communication is essential.
Full training is provided across all elements of the role. Please note, no previous experience in an accounting or credit control function is required.
The successful Accounts Administrator will be responsible for:
- Providing administration support to the HR and accounting functions within the business, working to deadlines within a high-volume environment
- Maintaining credit control on a daily basis
- Processing payment for contractors on a monthly basis, compiling and sending associated remittance advices and updating Sage
- Creating starter packs for contractors, updating HMRC records as required
- Acting as the point of contact for contractor pay queries
- Maintaining all associated contractor administration, to include logging weekly timesheet information
- Printing and completing monthly commission sheets for Principal People employees, correcting any discrepancies as required
- Providing ad-hoc administration support as required to include filing and photocopying
For your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with:
- An industry leading basic salary, in addition to a performance related bonus
- Extensive benefits including complimentary parking, wellbeing allowance paid in addition to your salary and the opportunity to win the support team holiday contribution of £500