Continuous Improvement Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen with an innovative and fast expanding manufacturing client of ours based near Chelmsford. Due to a core focus being placed on Continuous Improvement, they require a proactive Continuous Improvement Engineer to map the manufacturing processes, standardise working, identify improvements and see these improvements through to completion.
As the Continuous Improvement Engineer you will be required to:
- Develop technical understanding of existing processes
- Analysing these processes using mapping techniques in order to identify areas for improvement
- Identifying improvements and scope out their delivery
- Reporting on project progress to senior management team on a regular basis
- Contributing to improvements in business performance through increased yield, throughput improvements and process standardisation
- Deliver work safely to a standard that ensures the Health and Safety of others
- Work closely with the Production, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, & Maintenance teams to implement & realise efficiency gains
The Continuous Improvement Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing or related technical discipline, or relevant experience
- Come from a mid to high volume manufacturing background
- Clear understanding of value adding
- Experience of responding to changes in processes to improve yield
- Capable of working in a challenging environment, and having the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Able to run improvement workshops and facilitate problem solving groups from concept to completion
- Able to create and present business cases to justify capex and other expenditure
- Proven ability of finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work independently, influence people and to exercise self-initiative
In return, the successful applicant will be offered a salary between £35-45K depending on qualifications and experience.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today!