Dangerous Goods Safety Manager (DGSA) – National Role - £50K + Car / £5K car allowance, 25 days holiday, Pension, Bupa Healthcare
Dangerous Goods Safety Manager (DGSA) required to join a Globally renowned brand within the Logistics industry
This exciting new opportunity is a rare opening for a Dangerous Goods Safety Manager (DGSA) to expand their career with a rapidly expanding organisation which hold a prestigious reputation as a diverse, forward thinking industry leader.
Reporting directly to the Group SHEQ Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving the improvement of dangerous goods safety throughout the entire company.
This position will require the successful individual to travel to sites all over the UK and will be a home based role.
The appointed Dangerous Goods Safety Manager (DGSA) will be responsible for:
- Managing compliance with legislation governing the identification, packaging and marking of dangerous goods for transport – maintaining currency in IMDG, ADR, UK, NI and Irish legislation
- Ensuring locations that have vehicles that transport dangerous goods operating or parking, including workshops, meet the requirements of security needs.
- Managing DfT Security Branch external audits of sites involved in transport of dangerous goods and providing support where required.
- Being the subject matter expert within this field for the business
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Significant experience within Dangerous Goods
- Current DGSA qualified, all categories
- Strong level of experience in a DGSA role
- Experience of managing storage and carriage of dangerous goods by road
- High attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to communicate on all levels both internally and externally
- Strong IT proficiency
- Able to prioritise time working in a multi-site environment and manage/influence colleagues remotely
- Able to combine a range of strategic and hands-on tasks and manage a diverse workload
- Hold of full UK driving licence and willing to travel
In return the salary is up to £50k plus expansive package including Car / £5K car allowance, 25 days holiday, Pension, Bupa Healthcare
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.