A newly created opportunity has arisen for a Director of Health and Safety within The Guinness Partnership.
The Guinness Partnership are an award-winning social housing organisation and a sought after employer with a long standing reputation for excellence. This is a unique opening within the senior team and will enhance the successful candidates career. The role will require a strategic approach to overseeing health and safety across both the department and the wider organisation.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Asset Management, but with close working liaison with the CEO and broader executive team, the primary function of the Director of Health and Safety is to implement and deliver a strategic plan for developing and embedding a positive health and safety culture. This will involve ensuring that robust systems and procedures are in place to embed effective risk management across all sites, activities and staff, in line with Destination 2018 – their strategy to be one of the best service providers within the housing and care sectors.
Working in a modern, vibrant and flexible environment, the Director of Health and Safety will enjoy autonomy and variety across their working week. Based predominantly in their Central London office, this is a multi-site position with travel required to other operational sites.
The successful Director of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- Leading and inspiring the existing health and safety team to develop and deliver a strategic approach to health and safety
- Generating and maintaining business processes which create a streamlined and effective method of managing health and safety
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to ensure effective risk management throughout the organisation
- Providing subject matter expert advice and assurance to the board and senior management team
- Ensuring a positive and pro-active health and safety culture is embedded across the organisation
The ideal individual will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Have proven experience of leading and motivating teams
- Possess experience of establishing a positive health and safety culture in a large and complex, property rich, multi-site organisation
- Be self-motivated, energetic and able to work autonomously at a strategic level, influencing and driving change and improvements
- Have considerable previous relevant industry experience, with a strong understanding of property risk
The organisation offers a competitive salary and generous package, with a focus on work-life balance and continuous development, including; Salary of £95,000 - £105,000 dependent upon experience, generous annual leave allowance of 32 days, plus bank holidays, pension scheme, private medical insurance, wellness checks scheme, eye car vouchers, childcare vouchers, financial support for qualifications, lifestyle benefits scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Principal People have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Health and Safety leadership team. If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please apply to Josh Huggins or Nicola Klein at Principal People to register your interest in the role. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to them.
First stage Principal People interviews will commence week beginning 31st July.