I am currently seeking an Environmental and Sustainability Advisor to join a well-established Education organisation based in Hertfordshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented professional looking to be exposed to a unique and diverse higher-education organisation. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same.
As the Environmental and Sustainability Advisor you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team culture, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within a truly multi-disciplined organisation.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a higher-education organisation who are well respected in their space and have recently expanded. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Environmental and Sustainability Advisor will be responsible for:
- To take the operational lead on the Sustainability & Environmental agenda and to implement the education establishments environmental policy to enable a positive contribution to the success of the organisation.
- To be responsible for maintaining the Environmental Management System (EMS) for the organisation and continually improve practices in relation to environmental management by working with the stakeholders across the organisation.
- To be responsible for developing and rolling out a programme of training and awareness on environmental management across the organisation.
- To provide and develop working knowledge and experience of sustainability and environmental issues including the management of hazardous waste, water, bio diversity, energy, emissions and discharges and work in conjunction with all internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate and support an organisational wide Sustainability and Environmental Working Group and implement the key objectives and targets. When required attend and present to other relevant committees.
- Identify opportunities for sustainability and environmental improvements across the organisation. Through a programme of internal audits.
The ideal Environmental and Sustainability Advisor will:
- Educated to degree standard in a relevant Environmental/Sustainability/Geography related subject or equivalent experience.
- Have demonstrable experience working within a multi-disciplined organisation and involvement in sustainable and environmental initiatives.
- Be a solution focussed practitioner with a passion about influencing positive environmental culture.
In return, the successful Environmental and Sustainability Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 plus 40 days leave (including bank holidays and closure days), an exceptional pension scheme and CPD budget on offer.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.