Environmental, Health and Safety Director
A fascinating, newly created opportunity, has arisen for an Environmental, Health and Safety Director with a leading global pharmaceutical business based in Oxford. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Leadership and Health and Safety Team.
Reporting to the organisation’s Chief Financial Officer, as the successful Environmental, Health and Safety Director you will benefit from an autonomous and diverse role, and will operate mainly from their site in Oxford, with a second site also located close by.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established company, with an excellent reputation in their field, where you will be instrumental in leading and supporting the organisation in driving both their health and safety and biological culture forward.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Most invested organisation within the UK
- Incredible opportunity to shape the role as your own
- Autonomy to put your safety stamp on the organisation
- Well renowned business with an impeccable reputation
- Working as a part of a high performing team
As the Environmental, Health and Safety Director you will be responsible for:
- Taking overall responsibility for the Health and Safety and Biological Safety throughout the business ensuring full compliance to exacting standards with all current health and safety legislation
- Managing primary points of contact for Health and Safety matters
- Being the final internal authority on any bio risk matter
- Ensuring actions taken from meetings are followed up and reported back to the Health and Safety and GMO committees
- Carrying out risk assessments and audits
- Taking responsibilities for the Health and Safety and Biological Safety audits
The successful Environmental, Health and Safety Director will:
- Hold the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent Health and Safety Qualification
- Have significant health and safety experience gained in a pharmaceutical, research, or bio environment
- Be a people focused individual, who is passionate about changing cultures and behaviours
- Be a strategically minded individual, yet happy to operate in a hands-on capacity if required
In return, the successful Environmental, Health and Safety Director will be offered a salary of between £70-95k, pending on qualifications and experience, plus 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and pension.
Please apply now to ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity.