Principal People are thrilled to be recruiting for an incredibly enthralling and varied role for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join a leading global engineering manufacturing organisation based in Ipswich with the opportunity to travel outside of Europe.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, and extremely diverse environment where no two days are the same. You will be responsible for the overall health and safety on a day to day basis and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety. In return the client can offer you the chance to put your own individual stamp on this role, chance to travel outside of the UK and fantastic career progression.
The successful Environmental Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Operations Director who is based at the Ipswich site and will also report to the Environmental Health and Safety & Facilities Director who is based overseas.
Taking responsibility for the operational health and safety within the engineering manufacturing organisation, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns regarding this. This positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others and when new projects arise, overseeing the installation of it and ensuring it is carried out within a safe manner.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Working to continuously improve the Health and Safety culture and behaviours
- Reviewing and conducting risk assessments
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, carrying out incident investigations.
- Working closely with the business insurance provided to migrate any potential loss.
- Ensuring identification and compliance to all applicable statutory requirements
- Maintaining ISO 14001 international standards.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience working within a multi-site environment
- Demonstrable experience in improving and health and safety behaviours and improving cultures
- Experience working within a Manufacturing background or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with working with ISO 14001 international standards although not essential
In return, the successful Environmental Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary between £60-70K depending on qualifications and experience, with a generous benefits package including; Car allowance of £500 a month, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, employer pension contributions of up to 6% match.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.