Environmental Manager required to join a agriculture company based in Barnard Castle with occasional travel to client sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Manager to join a growing organisation who have an excellent reputation within their field. You will be responsible for the implantation of environmental strategy, auditing and assessing areas of improvement, management systems and continuous improvement within the business. You will work closely with the wider team and the operations team to ensure compliance and that environmental policies and procedures are implemented.
This is a new role that will offer the successful candidate the chance to work within a hands-on capacity and will allow them to make the role their own. There is also the genuine opportunity to progress with this expanding and developing business.
The appointed Environmental Manager will be responsible for:
- Manage EA Landspreading Deployments under Standard Rules Mobile Land Spreading Permit
- Application of Deployments – Mapping, Agricultural Benefit Statements
- Season Tickets
- Spreading Records
- EA waste audits and analysing waste analysis against EA land spreading parameters/ CAR Reports
- Complete quarterly EA waste returns
- Monitor waste intake and digestate intake to ensure tonnages are correct
- Ownership of the Environmental Management System – This has been specifically designed against AWSM Recycling’s EA Landspreading Permit. This is a constantly running management system that will need following to ensure compliance is met with the EA.
- Manage Nitrate Vulnerable Zone records
- Correspondence with; EA, landowners/farmers, public and government agencies (Environmental Health/ APHA – Animal Health), Customers and contractors
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree in Environmental Management or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years environmental experience
- Excellent communication and engagement skills at all levels of a business
- Experience with working with the Environmental Agency
In return, the position is paying up to £30,000, plus package. Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.