Environmental Manager required to join a utilities and civil engineering contractor, based in Snodland, Kent covering multiple sites predominately in and around London with very occasional travel to the south west of England and sites in Europe.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Environmental Manager to join an international organisation who have an excellent reputation within their field. You will be responsible for the implantation of environmental strategy, auditing and assessing areas of improvement, creating and managing management systems and continuous improvement within the business. You will work closely with the wider compliance team and the operations team to ensure compliance and that environmental policies and procedures are implemented.
This is a new role that will offer the successful candidate the chance to work within a hands-on capacity and will allow them to make the role their own. There is also the genuine opportunity to progress with this expanding and developing business.
The appointed Environmental Manager will be responsible for:
- Improving awareness of environment and stainability, at all levels from board to site level.
- Internal audits against the newly created management systems.
- Monthly reports on company environmental performance.
- Developing a baseline standard for environment and stainability.
- Management of KPI’s
- Reviewing stainability targets
- Reviewing the businesses environmental impact
- Creating initiative to reduce KPI’s
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree in Environmental Management or equivalent
- Environmental experience within a Utilities, Civil Engineering or construction
- Excellent communication and engagement skills at all levels of a business
- Internal or lead auditor qualification within ISO14001
In return, the position is paying between £40,000 - £45,000, Company Car or car allowance, pension, 24 days holiday, Gym on site, Medical care.
Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.