Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created role for an Environmental Manager to join a highly reputable Food Manufacturing organisation based in Suffolk.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a new standard for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Environmental function within the business. You will have the chance to work with a variation of people and a company who really support and are passionate about the Environmental culture of the business. In return our client can offer you the chance to put your own individual stamp on this role.
The successful Environmental Manager will report directly to the Environmental Health and Safety Facilities Manager.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Environmental function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Environmental queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include the development of communication lines with external agencies (e.g. EA, regulatory bodies) and customers to ensure that latest current environmental requirements are known and integrated into internal policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of environmental aspect across the business.
Key responsibilities of this equally strategic and operational role include:
- Develop and sustain the EMS as per ISO 14001 standard across the three UK sites and manage Environmental audits and its actions, supporting the health and safety audits and actions from them.
- Support the process of ensuring all food safety, quality, environmental procedures are adhered to.
- Work with operational teams in supporting activity to maintain productive output through maintenance of assessment systems, identification of hazards in the operating environment.
- Support improvement projects and support the delivery of the capital investment plan from project management and project team member for EHS.
- Promote improvements in engagement through Recognition and coaching.
- Support the site’s Continuous Improvement programme.
- Support improvement projects and support the delivery of the capital investment plan from project management and project team member for EHS
- Develop communication lines with external agencies (e.g. EA, HSE) and customers to ensure that latest current environmental requirements are known and integrated into internal policies and procedures
- Support the behavioural safety and environmental agenda to deliver HSE/EH&S KPIs.
The successful Environmental Manager will hold:
- Relevant Environmental qualification
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Environmental policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The successful Environmental Manager will be offered a salary between £35k-£45k depending on qualifications and experience, with a benefit package including; 25 days holiday plus bank holiday, Private Health Care, 10% discretionary bonus scheme, pension of up to 8% match