Estates Manager – Brighton - £19,000 - £24,000 pro rata + car allowance – 6-month Fixed Term Contract
We have an exciting new role for an Estates Manager working for a highly profitable, forward thinking company. We are recruiting for an Estates Manager, to be responsible for Retirement Housing Schemes a portfolio of retirement housing and independent living properties.
With direction from the Retiring Housing Manager the successful applicant will act as the first point of contact, providing information and advice to assist residents to making informed choices. As the Estates manager, you will also ensure that tenants are signed up in line with the agreed procedure.
In addition, the successful applicant will make sure that all repairs are carried out quickly and effectively ensuring the properties are well maintained
Estate Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and organising repairs on the grounds and acting as first point of contact for residents.
- Setting the annual service charge budget and the monitoring and control of service charge expenditure locally
- Work with residents to develop priorities for minor works and environmental improvements and local offers.
- Maintaining health and safety requirements in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- A good standard of education
- Awareness of welfare benefits, particularly Housing benefits.
- Access to transport and a full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation and procedure relating to both general tenancy and other tenures.
- Demonstrating a high level of customer service to all residents.
- Housing related qualification to an NVQ level 3 standard, or a willingness to study.
In return, the Estates Manager will receive a salary of between £19,000 - £24,000, including a monthly car allowance, with 26 days of annual leave + bank holidays. This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate phone interview availability over the coming 2 weeks.