Facilities Officer – Distribution – up to £40K+ Package – Coventry
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and varied role for a Facilities to join a rapidly growing, market leading distribution organisation based near Coventry.
This position will offer the successful candidate an incredible opportunity to develop their skillset through working in a fast paced, dynamic engaging and high energy environment, with no one day being the same. You will be responsible for the overall facilities maintenance and health and safety on a day to day basis on the Coventry site and when new projects arise, you will have the chance to work with a variation of people and really encourage their pro-active behaviours towards health and safety, whilst being a part of dynamic and forward-thinking team. In return, the client can offer excellent support and will endeavour to train and develop you to the best of your ability.
The successful Facilities Officer will report directly to the Head of Health and Safety, where you will have opportunities to give input and advise to help build strategy for the company.
Taking responsibility for the operational facilities maintenance and health and safety on site, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety queries and concerns regarding this. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include updating and reviewing systems already in place, making sure people are being pro-active towards their health and safety and others, and working with the safety champions and managers to take responsibility for their own safety and to achieve standards of excellence on other sites.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning and clean standards are maintained,
- Working closely with FM services provider, measuring their KPIs (key performance indicators) in relation to reactive and planned preventive maintenance schedule,
- Support the Operations teams in managing the maintenance and report of on-site materials handling equipment, e.g. forklifts, pallet trucks, ladders, workstations,
- To work effectively with onsite security.
- Liaison and assist where necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities as required.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance of the on-site conveyor and automation equipment involving service providers as appropriate.
- Support the Operations teams as and when necessary to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the warehouse.
- To ensure there is an adequate provision of first-aid and welfare facilities.
- In conjunction with HR, to provide information as requested to relevant parties. Carrying out investigations where applicable.
- Ensure that all employees know, understand and comply with all company policy, rules and procedures for Health & Safety and current H&S legislation and best practice.
- To assist the Health and Safety Department with implementing health and safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident investigation reporting in a consistent and effective manner.
- To support managers to maintain safe systems of work, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support.
- To assist in investigation of circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will hold:
- Experience within Warehousing/Logistics/manufacturing ideally but other industries considered if the candidate shows the right attitude.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Demonstrable experience in improving behaviours and improving the health and safety culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
With the opportunity to work for a market leading organisation and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.