I am currently seeking a Fire Safety Advisor to join a well-established Education organisation based in London.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-established high education organisation, reporting directly to the Senior Health and Safety Advisor within the Estates team, you will support the business in driving their Fire Safety culture forward and improving current systems,
Why this is a great opportunity:
- Opportunity to work within a large and diverse organisation that has a range of different sites within close proximity that vary in size and purpose.
- Fantastic team culture; committed to Fire Safety whilst enjoying a great work life balance
- A chance to work autonomously within a role that no two days are the same
- Opportunity to progress within the role and work for an organisation that is passionate about developing their employees through CPD
As the Fire Safety Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- The management of the Fire Risk Assessments
- Provide competent fire safety advice and guidance and promote fire prevention to all levels within the organisation
- Work with managers as necessary guiding them on developing practical fire safety skills and understanding
- Planning your own diary and prioritising work accordingly
- Receive and investigate reports of fire incidents to determine their cause and make appropriate recommendations for improvement and preventative measures
The successful Fire Safety Advisor will:
- Have extensive knowledge and appreciation of the latest fire engineering / safety management techniques, best practice and strategies (Open to backgrounds with a preference for Education and Consultancies who have started their career in the Fire Service)
- Hold a relevant Fire Safety qualification (Ideal candidates will have a degree in a Fire related subject)
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality, great communication skills and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who is able to engage staff and increase Fire Safety buy-in.
- Ability to hit the ground running and take the lead in making Fire Safety fit in seamlessly within the organisation on a day to day basis.
- Possess a membership with the IFE (Open to individuals who are applicable for the membership)
In return, the successful Fire Safety Advisor will be offered a salary up to £45,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
This is an urgent requirement and we have interview availability at the end of the month. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.