Fire Safety Officer – Open to backgrounds - £40,000 - £46,000 + 41 days leave (Inc Bank Holidays) + package.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that no two days are the same. As the Fire Safety Officer you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to progress and most of all; develop your career within Fire Safety. The next Fire Safety will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites throughout the London area as well as occasional travel to research centres in Essex and Brighton.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work for an educational organisation that is well renowned in its space. This organisation offers an extremely diverse role with the variety of multisite travel to a range of sites that are ever expanding with £160million being invested in to recent development projects.
As the Health and Safety Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- The implementation and delivery of fire risk assessments, fire safety audits and reviews.
- Inputting to policies, procedures and technical notes prepared by the existing team that ensure the organisations fire safety management system practices comply with all aspects of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and related fire safety legislation and recognised codes of practice.
- Maintaining any certification attained by the Fire Safety Team, which may include BAFE SP205 or PAS 7 third party accreditation.
- Carrying out fire risk assessments of estates premises or occupied spaces using BSI publication PAS 79, as well as managing responses and action plans.
- Managing and monitoring evacuation strategies for buildings, which will incorporate overseeing fire drills, reviewing the fire evacuation marshal arrangements, reviewing emergency plans and evacuation strategies for buildings and providing associated training.
- Delivery of a range of fire safety training and familiarisation both formally and informally.
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Hold a TIFireE membership as a minimum (Ideally GIFireE / Fire Engineering Degree)
- Multi-site experience.
- Thorough up-to-date knowledge of fire safety legislation and best practice.
- Ability to assist in the development and implementation of effective strategies, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within Fire Safety role.
- Suitable experience in both inspection and management of fire safety in a relevant organisation.
- Excellent computer literacy, including use of Outlook e-mail, Word, Excel, Projects, Aerobat, Web base programmes and AutoCAD (with training);
In return, the successful Fire Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £46,000 + package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.