I am currently looking for a Fire Safety Officer to join a well-established education organization based in London.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that no two days are the same. As the Fire Safety Officer, you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to lead Fire Safety within a leading educational organisation. The next Fire Safety Officer will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites within campus and accommodation properties.
Why this is a great opportunity:
This is an opportunity to work for an educational organisation that is well renowned in its space. This organisation offers an extremely diverse role with the variety of multisite travel and stunning corporate office base.
As the Fire Safety Officer your responsibilities will include:
- The implementation and delivery of fire risk assessments, fire safety audits and reviews.
- Working with the Capital development to Design and implement the educational organisations building fire risk assessment programme in accordance with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, covering the entire estate
- Developing and implementing a fire safety inspection and audit programmes and organise and monitor fire drills and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a university-wide fire safety strategy and for planning the university’s fire safety activities under the direction of the Director of Facilities
- Liaising with staff in residencies and residential life to design, implement and monitor a suitable fire safety training programme and to ensure the security of all necessary records. In addition, liaise with the Security and the Disability and Welfare staff in providing training and support for fire wardens and users of the Evac chair system
- The delivery of a range of fire safety training and familiarisation both formally and informally.
The ideal Fire Safety Officer will have:
- An Institution of Fire Engineers membership (Ideally GIFireE / Fire Engineering Degree)
- Experience carrying out a Fire Safety role within a similar / large multi-disciplined organisation
- Thorough up-to-date knowledge of fire safety legislation and best practice.
- Experience developing Fire Safety strategy and policies
- Suitable experience in both inspection and management of fire safety in a relevant organisation.
- Excellent computer literacy, including use of Outlook e-mail, Word, Excel, Projects, Aerobat, Web base programmes and AutoCAD (with training);
In return, the successful Fire Safety Advisor will be offered a starting salary of up to £50,000 with an opportunity to increase within the role plus package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.