A unique newly created opportunity has for a Global Health and Safety Manager to join a highly reputable and world-renowned logistics organisation, based from their head offices near Eindhoven, Holland.
Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Leadership and expansive Health, Safety and Environmental Team.
Reporting to the Head of Global Health, Safety and Environment this position offers the successful candidate the exciting opportunity of developing new health and safety standards and re-establishing how they shape and lead the Health, Safety and Environmental function across the business internationally.
This will be a collaborative role with excellent direct lines of communication to the board. Working autonomously and with a high degree of flexibility you will be based from the business head office, with a requirement for global travel.
The successful candidate will take the lead in defining the standard of what HSE should look across the organisation by working with individuals across the world to develop and build the culture, offering support and expert advice where needed.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsibility for embedding the strategic development of the HSE function
- Creating strategic proposals, plus gaining commitment and buy in from the board to develop these across the business
- Providing leadership and expertise to operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters
- Standardising health and safety on an international level, ensuring a collaborative approach towards health and safety
- Driving best practice health and safety, creating a positive culture and continually working towards a world-class standard
The successful Global Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience of working within a large global company, across a large portfolio (including international travel), ideally within a logistics / engineering or similar type environment
- The NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or equivalent qualification)
- Graduate Membership with IOSH as a minimum
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Excellent experience of working with people at all levels of a business, understanding how to communicate and influence with a diverse range of individuals
In return the role of Global Health and Safety Manager is offering a competitive salary between 78,000-90,000 euros, plus travel benefit, up to 7.5% pension, laptop and mobile, plus 27 days annual leave and an additional 13 days.
Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this truly incredible career opportunity.