Principal People are delighted to have been retained exclusively to recruit for an incredibly exciting, international and newly created role for a Global Health and Safety Manager to join a highly reputable and world-renowned organisation based in their head offices in Veghel, Holland.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a new standard for the organisation and re-establish how they shape and lead the Health, Safety and Environmental function across the business internationally.
The successful Global Health and Safety Manager will report directly to the Head of Global HSE with work across a number of key stakeholders within the organisation.
Taking responsibility in helping to embed the strategic development of the HSE function, the successful candidate will assist in defining the standard of what HSE should look like across the organisation by working with individuals across the world to develop and build the safety culture, offering support and expert advice where needed.
Key responsibilities of this incredibly varied role include:
- Producing plans for projects and pro-actively encouraging engagement through meetings and workshops, ensuring positive outcomes
- Developing and driving implementation of programmes which tackle critical safety issues (training, tooling, processes and communications materials) and working collaboratively with local Health and Safety Managers / teams to drive this throughout the business.
- Conducting high level accident and investigations and acting as a main point of contact for serious site safety incidents, ensuring root causes are identified and global actions are followed up.
- Undertaking auditing and benchmarking reviews against other sites.
- Analysing data and writing reports to assess safety performance across the business.
- Managing an online HSE portal, which will allow key members of the team to access vital information.
The successful Global Health and Safety Manager will hold:
- Experience of working within a large, complex organisation
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- To be forward thinking and culturally aware in their approach and passionate about making a difference.
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Excellent experience of working with people at all levels of a business, understanding how to communicate and influence with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, other languages are a plus
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare opportunity and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.