Group Director of Health and Safety
An exceptional newly created opportunity has arisen for the position of Group Director of Health and Safety with a market leading FTSE listed Retailer. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Health and Safety leadership team.
As a sought-after employer, this is an exceptional opportunity to operate with a highly respected leadership team. This career enhancing position will fulfil a highly autonomous and strategic individual, with a proven track record across an expansive global portfolio, offering the successful candidate a competitive salary and package, including a generous bonus of up to 50%.
As the competent person for health and safety, sat on the Property Leadership team and advising the Group Plc Board, the primary function of the Group Director of Health and Safety is to communicate, implement and monitor best practice policies and practices to ensure the safety of their employees and customers.
Reporting to the Group Property Director, the successful Group Director of Health and Safety will benefit from an autonomous and varied role, with a requirement for two days of their working week to be based in the business’s London head office. Outside of this, location for this role is flexible and will require a motivated self-starter for both UK and Global travel.
The successful Group Director of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- Providing subject matter, expert advice to the board and senior management teams
- Influencing and engaging with senior stakeholders within the business to ensure continuation of an embedded health and safety culture across this complex multi-sited business
- Reviewing and delivering on the 3-year strategic health and safety plan
- Generating and maintaining business processes which create a streamlined and effective method of managing health and safety
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to ensure best practice health and safety throughout the business
The ideal individual will possess:
- The NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Proven experience of leading and motivating employees to promote and nurture a truly embedded health and safety culture
- A resilience to remain positive and focussed when challenged by senior management teams
- Proven experience of establishing a positive health and safety culture in a large and complex, multi-site organisation
- The self-motivation and energy required to work autonomously at a strategic level, influencing and continuously driving change and improvements in a fast-paced business
- Considerable previous relevant industry experience, with a strong understanding of property risk
The industry leading salary package includes a basic salary of between £95,000 - £110,000 dependent upon experience. In addition, the organisation offers a generous car allowance of £6,750, plus a bonus paying up to 50%. A number of other desirable benefits are included with this position.
If you are interested in hearing more about this outstanding opportunity, please reply now to register your interest in the role. First stage interviews will commence in November.