Group Health and Safety Manager - 65K-75K plus extensive package covering multiple sites across the Midlands
Principal People are currently recruiting for an excellent newly created opportunity that has arisen for a Group Health and Safety Manager to join a highly successful, expanding and leading Civil Engineering and Utilities organisation covering multiple sites and offices across the Midlands and the South East as required. Due to the phenomenal growth of the award winning organisation, this senior position will offer a truly unique opportunity for a career driven professional looking to take the next step in their career.
Working across multiple prestigious contracts and projects predominantly across the South East and the Midlands, dependent on a candidates location, the highly autonomous Group Health and Safety Manager position will act as a fundamental part of the established team, responsibilities include attending regular client and internal meetings, proactively promote and deliver the organisation HSEQ Strategy and objectives.
Reporting directly into the Health and Safety Director, the successful Group Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted
- Ensure that compliance is compliant at all times and all relevant legislations are implemented
- Create and implement initiatives
- Manage and lead a team of Health and Safety professionals
- Attend regular client, contractor and internal meetings
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Ensure inspections and audits are planned and completed thorough all contracts and projects.
- Support tender submissions/award submissions within area of operation
This strategic position will required a candidate to hold:
- Our client is open to seeing candidates with experience across the Civil Engineering, Construction, Utilities, Power and Transmission industries.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as a minimum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full UK driving license.
In return the successful Group Health and Safety Manager will receive
- A salary of £65k - £75k
- Company car or Car allowance
- 12% pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- Bupa Health Care
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Health Shield Scheme
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.