This position offers an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation that makes a real difference. As the Group Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for 5 separate educational campuses within the same group. It gives you the opportunity to be a part of a cohesive and supportive team within a role that has opportunity to really develop within a varied environment.
Why this is a great opportunity:
- This is an opportunity to head up Health and Safety within an educational organisation that is well renowned in its space with ambitious growth plans
- This organisation offers an extremely diverse role with a variety of multisite travel and a real sense of autonomy in the way you want to manage Safety
As the Group Health and Safety Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Developing robust processes, policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to Health & Safety legislation and best practice across the group
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the organisations Health & Safety policies regarding fire, evacuation, IT, first aid, accidents (dangerous occurrences/incidents), office safety, public safety, and safety in public areas, security, health promotion, smoking, learners with disabilities and learning difficulties, medicines handling, external contracts, safety inspections, violence against staff and more
- Preparing and presenting board reports at least annually or more frequently when required
- Developing a system for risk assessments throughout the organisation, supporting faculty and departmental heads to review and update them and providing guidance and support to faculties and internal departments in the completion and review of assessments
The ideal Group Health and Safety Manager will have:
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH General Certificate with 5 years’ relevant experience within a similar role considered)
- A Degree or equivalent in a technical or environmental subject - desirable
- Demonstrable experience in managing Health and Safety within a large multi-disciplined organisation (open to backgrounds with a preference for Education, Local Authority, Education and Consultancy)
- An outgoing and approachable personality with a solution focused mind-set
- A full UK valid Driving Licence
In return, the successful Group Health and Safety Manager will be offered a salary of up to £50,000 plus benefits package.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please reply to us today to express your interest.