Group Health and Safety Officer
Group Health and Safety Officer required to join a leading organisation based near Canterbury, Kent. This is a great opportunity for a Health and Safety professional to work in both a strategic and hands on role and offers the successful candidate the chance to work autonomously.
The position is required for 4 days per week and so would suit an individual that is looking for this type of commitment. This is a multi-site role covering 9 sites around Canterbury and Ashford
Reporting to the board of Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving company safety policy, and continually improving awareness of HSE to create a positive and safe working environment across the site.
The appointed Group Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of HSE
- Engaging with all levels of the workforce to create and develop a positive HSE culture
- Providing subject matter expert knowledge, advice and guidance in all aspects of best practice HSE
- Working with existing policies and procedures and creating a strategy to review and currently enhance what is already in place
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous H&S experience within a heavy industry environment; Transport, logistics, Warehouse, Workshop, Distribution, Manufacturing etc
- Hold the NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Be happy to work across multiple sites around Canterbury and Ashford
- Be a passionate Health and Safety professional
- Be an excellent communicator, who engages well with all levels of a work force and who ideally has previous experience with behavioural safety and creating positive working environments
In return the salary for this Group Health and Safety Officer position is paying up to £31K (pro-ratad to 4 – 4.5 days worked) plus Car, 22 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays. We have interview slots available for August, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.