Group Risk and Compliance Manager
An incredibly exciting newly created opportunity has arisen for a Group Risk and Compliance Manager within a well-established multi-modal transport business, following their continuous expansion. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Health and Safety leadership team.
As a sought-after employer, this is a unique opening within their senior team. This excellent position will enhance the successful candidates career, and will fulfil a strategic approach to overseeing health and safety and influencing colleagues across the wider organisation. The organisation offers a competitive salary and generous package, and offers the successful candidate a unique and challenging role.
Reporting to the Human Resources and IT Director, the primary function of the Group Risk and Compliance Manager is to create and implement a robust health and safety system and to develop and nurture an effective and pro-active approach to health and safety.
Working in a modern and vibrant environment the successful Group Risk and Compliance Manager will enjoy a challenging multi-site role. Offering variety and autonomy, base location is flexible, with the focus being placed on finding the best individual for the business. Travel is required for the role as this organisation has an impressive portfolio of almost 30 sites, mainly spread around the Midlands, London and South East.
The successful Group Risk and Compliance Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading and developing the existing health and safety team
- Reviewing and over-hauling the existing health and safety systems. This is a fantastic opportunity to make your own mark on the organisation, promoting positive change
- Generating and maintaining business processes which create a streamlined and effective method of managing health and safety
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to ensure best practice health and safety throughout the business
- Providing subject matter expert advice and assurance to the board and senior management team
- Ensuring a positive and pro-active health and safety culture is embedded across the organisation
The ideal individual will possess:
- The NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Experience of establishing a positive health and safety culture in a large and complex multi-site business
- An energetic personality, with the motivation to work autonomously at a strategic level, influencing and driving change and improvements
- Considerable previous relevant industry experience, with a strong understanding of transport and road risk
The industry leading salary package includes a basic salary of £75,000 - £85,000 dependent upon experience. In addition, the organisation offers a generous package including; car or car allowance, pension scheme, private medical insurance and discretionary bonus.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please apply now to register your interest in the role. First stage interviews will commence week beginning 21st August.