Head of Compliance (Health and Safety)
A rare, newly created opportunity has arisen for a Head of Compliance (Health and Safety) within an incredibly reputable g15 Social Housing organisation. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, having contributed to shaping their existing Health and Safety leadership team.
This multi-award winning organisation has a reputation for excellence. As a sought-after employer, their growth has enabled a further opening within the senior team. With clear future development routes to Directorship, this career enhancing role will see the Head of Compliance (Health and Safety) fulfil a largely strategic function; overseeing change management across the compliance remit within Health and Safety.
Reporting to the Director with indirect responsibility to the executive team, the primary function of the Head of Asset Compliance is to identify and mitigate personal and corporate risk, working closely with colleagues across Health and Safety, Property Services, Asset Management and IT.
Working in a truly flexible environment, the successful Head of Compliance (Health and Safety) will enjoy full autonomy across their working week, with the ability to work both from home and the organisations’ Head Office based in North London.
The successful Head of Compliance (Health and Safety) will be responsible for:
- Designing, leading and taking responsibility for the compliance change programme, setting standards of excellence across the remit
- Generating and maintaining business processes which create a streamlined, reliable and repeatable method of completing the process of work to attain full compliance
- Identifying the need for and designing programs of work to address areas of the business which require new standards
- Setting compliance standards for the delivery of surveys, inspections and remedial works
- Advising on the suitability of the current Health and Safety policy, in addition to the delegation of compliance through relevant personnel
- Overseeing the provision of compliance projects work stream design, providing technical advice throughout the project life cycle
The ideal individual will possess:
- Education to degree level with a BSc, MBA, MSc, or RICS professional membership, or equivalent work experience
- Considerable experience within change management
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience or equivalent of leading a compliance function in a highly-regulated environment with public accountability
- A technical background with a developed, comprehensive understanding of asset management
- Experience in program and project management, with a broad range of skills including compliance, IT projects, business process design and asset management
- Experience within Social Housing will be highly advantageous
The industry leading salary package includes a basic salary of £75,000 - £85,000 dependent upon experience with flexibility for the right individual. In addition, the organisation offers a generous annual leave allowance of 30 days and a matched pension scheme of up to 7.5% amongst other benefits.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please apply online today. For further information, please call Tara Waterman on 01252 759 162.
Regrettably we are unable to contact unsuitable applications, however if you would like to discuss your application further, please contact Tara Waterman.