Head of Estates
An exceptional newly created opportunity has arisen for the position of Head of Estates within a unique Scientific Research and Engineering Foundation. Principal People are delighted to announce, we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the organisation to contribute to shaping their existing estates leadership team.
As a highly sought-after employer, this is a one-off opportunity to operate within a diverse team whilst creating exciting career enhancing opportunities. This position offers an autonomous and strategic role and candidates will need a proven track record demonstrating successful change management across a research and development or laboratory environment.
As the competent person for estates, the primary function of the Head of Estates is to lead the estates function, creating and developing strategy and communicating best practice across their diverse remit.
Reporting to Director of infrastructure and Support Services, the successful Head of Estates will benefit from a truly varied and challenging role where no two days will be the same. The successful candidate will be predominantly based out of the organisations South West London headquarters, but some travel will be required to other regional sites.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing essential key relationships with FM contractors, ensuring optimal provision of all necessary FM support
- Developing the estates’ strategic budget, ensuring appropriate management controls and forecasting
Optimising the estate to ensure delivery of the company’s five-year business plan
- Owning and managing strategic relationships with key stakeholders and external agencies
The ideal individual will possess:
- Previous experience as Head of Estates / Estates Manager or similar senior role
- Experience of operating within a laboratory or similar Research and Development establishment
- A positive approach, with a passion for driving change management programmes
- Excellent knowledge of building systems and infrastructure
- Previous experience operating in a strategic role with a strong commercial mindset
A people focused approach, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The industry leading salary package includes a basic salary of between £75-90k, dependent upon experience, plus a generous pension of up to 9%, up to 20% bonus and 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in hearing more about this outstanding opportunity, please apply now to register your interest in the role. First stage interviews will commence in April.