Head of Health and Safety required to join a leading Social Housing organisation based in central London, north of the River Thames.
This is a rare opening for a Head of Health and Safety to expand their career with an organisation who hold an excellent reputation as a diverse, forward thinking company.
Reporting directly to the Director of Governance and Compliance, with direct access to the board and autonomous responsibility for the Health and Safety team, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to make a significant difference within a substantial, reputable organisation.
This position is predominantly based in the organisations Head Office in central London, with occasional travel across their property portfolio when required.
The appointed Head of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- Leading Health and Safety for the business, ensuring that the organisation are fully compliant with, and meet their obligations under current Health and Safety legislation, policies and guidelines
- Providing and delivering comprehensive Health and Safety advice to all areas of the business
- Identifying risk issues, ensuring that recommendations are implemented by the management of regular internal audits
- Advising on best practice across all areas of the business, coaching, communicating and engaging effectively at all levels
- Developing and delivering a clear Health and Safety strategy, while operationally embedding a strong culture of compliance across the business
- Developing and growing the safety team in line with the organisations objectives
The ideal candidate will possess:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in managing safety strategically at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience in influencing at executive and board level
- Working experience within Social Housing will be highly advantageous, however all property related industry experience will be considered
In return, the salary for the Head of Health and Safety position is up to £80,000 plus a senior benefits package.