Head of Health and Safety
Head of Health and Safety required to join a dynamic and expanding leisure organisation, based in Luton.
This is an exciting and newly created opportunity for a Head of Health and Safety to progress their career within a renowned global organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the strategic development of safety policies and procedures to safeguard companywide operations and will be responsible for providing best practice health and safety to both employees and external stakeholders.
This is an exciting time for the business and the successful Head of Health and Safety will be joining at a time of growth. You will be based predominantly from the companies head office in Luton but the role also provides the opportunity for occasional overseas travel.
The appointed Head of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- Continuously reviewing, implementing and maintaining effective safety policies, procedures and practices
- Providing best practice health and safety advice to both internal employees and third party suppliers
- Monitoring the organisations compliance, advising senior management on areas of non-compliance, identifying training needs where they arise
- Defining and setting strategy across a large remit, driving continuous improvement across the board
- Leading monthly health and safety management board meetings
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Significant experience of managing health and safety within a commercial based environment such as retail, leisure or property
- Proven experience managing a team of health and safety professionals
- The personality and approach to work within a fast paced, evolving and dynamic environment
- Proven success, operating in a senior health and safety role, setting strategy across a large portfolio
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level health and safety qualification (as a minimum)
- Willingness to travel overseas monthly, as part of your role
In return, this Head of Health and Safety role offers a total package of around £100k, including competitive basic salary and 10% pension, 37.5% performance and company related bonus, £5,600 car allowance, share options, healthcare (including family), and 25 days’ annual leave.
Interview availability is available shortly, please apply now to ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity.