Head of Health and Safety required to join a leading Social Housing organisation based in Northwich.
This is a rare opening for a Head of Health and Safety to expand their career with an organisation who hold an excellent reputation as a diverse, forward thinking company.
Reporting directly to the Director of Property and with responsibility for directly line managing the Health and Safety team, the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to make a big difference in a large financially stable organisation.
This position is split between their two main offices in Northwich and Liverpool with occasional travel across their property portfolio when required.
The appointed Head of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- Embedding a Health and Safety culture within the organisation
- Developing the organisations health and safety strategy, management plan and framework.
- Reviewing and developing policies and procedures
- Providing guidance and assurance to the executive team and board
- Managing safety strategically with operational delivery
- Developing and managing the Health, Safety and Compliance team in line with the organisations objectives
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum however ideally a NEBOSH Diploma
- Previous experience in managing a Health and Safety team strategically at a senior level
- Demonstrable experience in influencing and engaging with executive and board level
- Experience in delivering a Health and Safety cultural change programme, focusing on changing attitudes and behaviours
- A Social Housing background however all similar property related industries/experience will be considered
In return the salary for the Head of Health and Safety position is paying £50,000 plus benefits package.