Head of Health and Safety
This incredible opportunity is an exciting opening for a Head of Health and Safety to expand their career within a leading national care home provider to be based at their head office in Nottingham.
Reporting to the Director of Quality, this senior position will focus on development of this well-established care organization and promote a positive health and safety culture.
This appointment offers the successful candidate, exceptional opportunity to grow and develop with this people focused business and provides outstanding scope for an individual who is looking to make Safety their own.
The appointed Head of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- To provide specialist advice to the Board, Leadership Team, Quality Committee and, occasionally, the Property Committee, on Health and Safety issues to ensure that MHA is aware of and meets its legal responsibilities.
- Provide recommendations to the Director of Quality, Leadership Team and Board members by developing the organisation’s health and safety strategic direction, business objectives and priorities.
- Lead on the development and be accountable for the health and safety management system, policies, procedures and other documentation to make sure that MHA is meeting best practice safety standards and legal requirements which are effectively implemented and followed.
- To provide accurate and clear insight and interpretation of health and safety legislation and codes of practice, EU Directives and best practice to the Board, Senior Management Teams, Operational Management Teams, contractors and other stakeholders minimising the H&S risk for the organisation
- To support operational staff, volunteers and insurers to establish and maintain a corporate risk profile and register which is actively used for positive risk management and risk mitigation.
- To ensure accidents are investigated and recorded and remedial action is implemented. Record and monitor accident data, trends and themes, including RIDDOR reportable incidents, and offer national validated / reliable comparative data.
- To establish, implement and manage the programme of inspections and audits to monitor implementation of policies and compliance with legal requirements.
The ideal candidate will:
- NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent as a minimum (Ideally a Health & Safety or Environmental Health related degree) and Graduate member of IOSH / GradIOSH (Ideally Chartered Member / CMIOSH)
- Lead Auditor qualification desirable
- Have excellent management and leadership qualities with previous experience managing a team
- Have an engaging and dynamic personality, with the ability to build rapport and influence at all levels
- A proven track record in developing health and safety across and organisation with the ability and credibility to exert influence both internally and externally.
- Experience in developing effective, proactive solutions the resolution of complex health and safety issues at a board, Senior Management and Operational Line Management level.
- Understanding of and ability to develop corporate risk management strategy.
In return, the remuneration salary for this Head of Health and Safety position is up to £60k, plus package, please apply now for your chance to be considered for this outstanding opportunity.