Head of Health and Safety
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Health and Safety within a well-established multi-disciplined scientific research organisation. Principal People are delighted to announce that we have been retained exclusively as a search partner to the business, to contribute to shaping their existing Health and Safety leadership team.
As a sought-after employer, this is a unique opening within their highly skilled senior team. This excellent position will enhance the successful candidates career, and will fulfil a strategic approach to overseeing health and safety and influencing colleagues across the wider organisation. The role offers an unparalleled sense of autonomy within a supportive and diverse team that are keen to assist in improving the on the ground Health and Safety culture within their organisation. The organisation offers a competitive salary and generous package, and offers the successful candidate a unique and challenging role.
Reporting to the Senior Leadership Team, the primary function of the Head of Health and Safety is to create and implement a robust health and safety strategy plan with an aim of improving the Health and Safety Culture within the organisation.
Working in a modern and vibrant environment the successful Head of Health and Safety will enjoy a wide variety of operations that happen on a day to day basis within their state of the art site. Offering variety and autonomy, they may be open to individuals willing to relocate, with the focus being placed on finding the best individual for the business.
The successful Head of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- Creating long term strategic safety plans to improve the culture of Health and Safety within the organisation.
- Creation and implementation of behavioural safety programmes
- Ensure that the organisation delivers its HSES policy commitments, remains legally compliant and maintains its licence to operate.
- Ensure the organisation is a safe environment both now and in the future, continuously reviewing and planning the safety profile.
- Continuous improvement of the organisations HSES management system, evolve a single integrated system, aligned with the relevant ISO standards for future formal certification if required, with the objective of delivering ongoing business improvement across the organisation.
- Creating a 3 years strategic Safety plan to improve the culture of Health and Safety within the organisation.
- Identify and develop HSES future strategy to meet the changing business challenges facing the organisation and align with the organisations corporate strategy.
- Ensuring robust systems and processes are in place to mitigate the effects of any crisis on the organisation and to enable them to continue to conduct business.
- Responsibility for the welfare and ongoing development of the members of the Health, Safety, Environment and Security team at the organisation and its satellite sites
- Acting as the organisations interface with all external enforcing agencies, local authorities and the Security Services on all Health, Safety, Environmental and Security matters.
- Responsibility for the management and regular review of the risk and crisis management processes.
The ideal individual will possess:
- The NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Experience of establishing a positive health and safety culture in a large and complex multi-site business
- An energetic personality, with the motivation to work autonomously at a strategic level, influencing and driving change and improvements
- Considerable previous relevant industry experience, with a strong understanding of transport and road risk
The industry leading salary package includes a basic salary of £80,000 - £90,000 dependent upon experience. In addition, the organisation offers a generous package.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please apply now to register your interest in the role. First stage interviews will commence week beginning 11th of September.