Head of Health and Safety- 60k-70K (depending on experience) plus package based in Liss, Hampshire.
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, newly created Head of Health and Safety position to join a highly reputable up and coming Rail organisation within the South East of the UK.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Health, Safety and Environmental function within the business. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high performing business, with unlimited opportunities to develop your career and a team - at a truly exciting time for the company. The business has grown by 600% over the past 5 years, exceeding their profit goals year on year within that time frame.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the HSE function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health, Safety and Environmental queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include reviewing legacy policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of HSE across the business.
The successful Head of Health and Safety will be reporting into the MD and hold the following key responsibilities:
- Undertaking a Gap Analysis to ascertain areas for HSE development across the business both in the short term and longer term.
- Reviewing and creating the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
The successful Head of Health and Safety will hold:
- Experience working within Health and Safety within Rail
- NEBOSH General or NEBOSH Construction certificate as a minimum
- Demonstrable experience in formulating, improving and implementing Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare position and an incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today.
Our client is open to seeing candidates with a varied level of experience of Health and Safety within the Rail sector
In return the salary is £60-£70k + company car or car allowance + pension scheme + discretionary bonus. Our client is open to seeing candidates with a varied level of experience of Health and Safety within the Rail sector
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.