Head of Health and Safety- 65k-75K plus £9k C/A, Bonus and extensive package based in the South of England
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting, Head of Health and Safety position to join a highly reputable Rail and Civil Engineering organisation within the South of England.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to establish and develop a new standard for the organisation in the way they shape and lead the Health and Safety within the business. Reporting directly to the director of Health and Safety, the appointed Head of Health and Safety will directly manage and lead a team of experienced professionals to achieve specific tasks.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Health and Safety function, the successful candidate will take the lead across all Health and Safety and queries and concerns. This significant but hugely positive challenge will include writing and reviewing policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of Health and Safety across the business and implementing transformation of change and initiatives.
Key responsibilities of this strategic and operational role include:
- Managing and leading a large team
- Attend regular client, contractor and internal meetings
- Reviewing the organisations Health and Safety policies and procedures, creating strategic proposals and gaining commitment from the board to develop these across the business
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Create and implement initiatives
- Work closely with contractors and sub-contractors
The successful Health, Safety and Environmental Manager will hold:
- Experience within the Rail or Civil Engineering sector.
- Happy to work occasional weekends
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Be a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or working towards achieving this in the next 6 months
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience leading and managing a team
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare and challenging opportunity which is a incredible career opportunity. If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today by sending your most up to date CV to email@example.com
In return the salary is £65-£75k + company car or car allowance (£9k) + pension scheme + bonus. Our client is open to seeing candidates with a varied level of experience of Health and Safety within the Rail and Civil Engineering industries.