Head of Health and Safety to join a well-established Education organisation based in Central London working 4 days a week. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to make a difference within a truly multidiscipline organisation. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same.
As the Head of Health and Safety you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within a leading creative University in the London area. The successful candidate will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites all within a half mile radius.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a University who are well respected in their space and have recently expanded. The role is extremely varied with a combination of Health, Safety and Fire operations under your remit with a major part of the role consisting of working with the Estates team on the implementation of their strategic plan. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Head of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- You will be consulted on the drawing up a Health & Safety Policy with a 5-year horizon for the University. You will also review how we currently deliver health and safety requirements in the areas of your responsibility with a view to ensuring that we undertake this work in the most effective and efficient manner.
- You will be a professional adviser and co-ordinator for health and safety issues, working with members of the Estates & Facilities Senior Management Team and staff representatives to develop the culture for health and safety and will
- undertake a key role in reporting to the Health and Safety Committee.
- Developing a positive Health and Safety culture within an organisation
- To act as Business Continuity lead for Estates and Facilities.
- Completion of all required reports, audits and risks assessments for the departments in liaison with the Head of Health & Safety
- Assisting the team in all Health and Safety operational tasks from training to audits.
The ideal Head of Health and Safety will:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) or proven relevant experience in the field
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- CMIOSH Status or Equivalent.
- Experience of delivering and guiding health and safety in a large/medium sized multidiscipline organisation.
- Previous experience in the HE sector is highly desirable
In return, the successful Health, Safety and Fire Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £50,594 (pro rata 0.8FTE) plus 42 days leave (including bank holidays and 4 closure days), an exceptional pension scheme and CPD budget on offer.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.