I am currently looking for a Head of Health and Safety to join a leading Academy Trust organisation based in Burton-Upon-Trent. This is an excellent opportunity for a Health, Safety and Wellbeing professional looking to make a difference within a truly multidiscipline organisation as the head of a varied department.
As the Head of Health and Safety you will lead a team of cohesive and supportive practitioners, with the chance to develop them and yourself in a wide variety of areas that come with working for a Council. The successful candidate will ideally be based in the midlands as there is travel to a range of sites both in the North and South yet with the flexibility of being based from home we are open to individuals in most locations throughout the UK.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an organisation who wants to make Health and Safety fall seamlessly in to the day to day operations and be seen as something to enable them rather than disable them. The role is extremely varied due to the multi-site aspect combined with the fact you will have the responsibility for the largest Primary School Academy Trust in the UK. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting remit, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Head of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- To ensure that the Council effectively discharges its obligations to the regulatory authorities (Fire Authority, Health and Safety Executive, Public Health England) in respect of all health and safety matters e.g. reporting accidents and incidents.
- To provide confident leadership and clear management of significant and complex projects and/or programmes.
- Developing a positive Health and Safety culture within an organisation
- Actively promote health and wellbeing to all employees and their managers.
- To be the organisations designated adviser on all occupational health and safety matters as required by the Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999.
The ideal Head of Health and Wellbeing will:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma as a minimum and ideally CMIOSH (will consider individuals with extremely tangible leadership experience)
- Possess team leader experience within Health and Safety for a multi-disciplined organisation with an ability to engage at all levels
- Outgoing individual that has an approachable personality and most importantly a solution focused practitioner who open to a working for an organisation that requires flexibility from their employees.
- Have the ability to work remotely and be able to utilise modern technology to be involved with meetings whilst out and about.
In return, the successful Head of Health and Wellbeing will be offered a salary of up to £60,000 plus 28 days leave plus bank holidays, an exceptional pension scheme.
We have interview availability next week. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.