I am currently seeking Head of Health and Safety to join a well-established Facilities Management organisation based in the South West. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to make a difference within a truly multidiscipline organisation. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same.
As the Head of Health and Safety you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within an organisation who manages the property portfolio of two diverse higher education organisations in the South West area. The successful candidate will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites all within a half mile radius.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of the senior management team reporting in to the Managing Director for an organisation who are well respected in their space. The role is extremely varied with a combination of Health, Safety and Business Continuity under your remit. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Head of Health and Safety will be responsible for:
- Monitoring risk and compliance to support the estates and facilities team with the preparation of the schedule of works for Health and Safety compliance for the organisation’s buildings and the execution of the capital projects. They will be required to liaise with clients involved in line with the CDM process.
- Develop and drive the Health and Safety Management System for the organisation and third parties taking into account HSE guidance, legislative requirements, sector specific guidance, codes of practice / best practice and recognised standards.
- Manage the health and safety advisory provision for the organisation ensuring that it is effectively planned resourced, effectively planned and reflects statutory requirement and sector best practice.
- Developing a positive Health and Safety culture within an organisation
The ideal Head of Health and Safety will:
- Be qualified to a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level (Ideally is a CMIOSH Status)
- Hold experience of delivering and guiding health and safety in a large/medium sized multidiscipline organisation.
- Ideally hold a Fire Risk Management qualification (i.e. NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk / NEBOSH General Certificate Management)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate (or extensive experience within the area)
- Previous experience in the HE sector is highly desirable
- Hold a BS OHSAS 1800:2007 Lead Auditor (highly desirable)
In return, the successful Head of Health and Safety will be offered a salary up to £46,000 plus 30 days leave plus bank holidays, an exceptional pension scheme.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.