Head of Health, Safety and Environment required to join a globally renowned brand within the healthcare industry.
This is a rare opening for a Head of Health, Safety and Environment to expand their career with a growing organisation which hold an excellent reputation as a diverse, forward thinking company.
Reporting directly to the Director of Care and with responsibility for directly line managing the health, safety and environmental team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing safety both operationally and strategically.
This position is home based covering UK wide. You will however be required to be in their head office in Maidenhead approximately once a week for meetings. The rest of the time you will be traveling across England covering approximately 220 sites.
The appointed Head of Health, Safety and Environment will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Managing safety across approximately 220 sites from hospitals, GP practices to HMP locations.
- Crafting HSE strategy in line with the organisations long term objectives.
- Providing operational hands on delivery, engaging with stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Dealing with any HSE queries/issues for over 9000 UK employees.
- Advising other Managers and Directors on health, safety and environmental related issues.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Chartered Membership of IOSH; CMIOSH.
- Demonstrable experience in managing safety across a large property/care portfolio.
- Environmental degree, diploma or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate or equivalent.
- Lead Auditor ISO 14001.
In return the salary for the Head of Health, Safety and Environment position is between £60,000 - £80,000 plus an expansive package including car allowance.
This is an urgent requirement and we have immediate interview availability over the coming two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.