Head of Health, Safety and Environment – Multiple sites – 55-65K + Car and benefits
Head of Health, Safety and Environment required for a highly reputable manufacturing business with multiple sites predominantly in the West Midlands and Derbyshire areas
This is an exciting and newly created opportunity for a Head of Health, Safety and Environment to progress their career within a high-risk manufacturing business
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the strategic development of safety policies and procedures to safeguard companywide operations and will be responsible for providing best practice health and safety to both employees and external stakeholders.
This is an exciting time for the business and the successful Head of Health, Safety and Environment will be joining at a time of growth. You will ideally be based around the Derbyshire or West Midlands area as the larger operations are based around these areas
The appointed Head of Health, Safety and Environment will be responsible for:
- Continuously reviewing, implementing and maintaining effective safety policies, procedures and practices
- Providing best practice health and safety advice to both internal employees and third party suppliers
- Monitoring the organisations compliance, advising senior management on areas of non-compliance, identifying training needs where they arise
- Defining and setting strategy across a large remit, driving continuous improvement across the board
- Leading monthly health and safety management board meetings
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Significant experience of managing health and safety within a Manufacturing, Engineering or Construction industry
- Proven experience managing a team of health and safety professionals
- The personality and approach to work within a fast paced, evolving and dynamic environment
- Proven success, operating in a senior health and safety role, setting strategy across a number of sites
- A NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level health and safety qualification (as a minimum)
In return, this Head of Health and Safety role is paying between £55-75K depending on experience plus pension, and car.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted for this role.
Please also feel free to pass this information onto anyone you feel may be interested in this position.