Head of Safety
Head of Safety required to join a globally renowned brand within the manufacturing and engineering industry.
This incredible opportunity is a rare opening for a Head of Safety to expand their career within one of the most recognised organisations in the world, who have an enviable reputation as a diverse, forward thinking industry leader.
Reporting to the Global Director of Health, Safety and Environment, with responsibility for the functional leadership and direction of occupational safety management globally, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving company safety policy, targets and objectives to improve awareness and deliver against the organisations overall strategic aims.
This newly created position, focuses on safety leadership and will require a coaching approach to a number of key stakeholders within all business functions. The successful candidate will ideally be Midlands based, although other locations throughout the UK will be considered, and be happy to travel globally for the requirements of the role. The organisation have a large global footprint, operating in over 60 different countries and it is expected 10-15% of your time would be spent overseas.
The appointed Head of Safety will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining global safety policies and standards to improve overall understanding and awareness of the Groups strategic aims
- Leading the development of the long term global safety vision, ensuring measuring and assessment procedures are delivered in line with the corporate strategy
- Developing global competence frameworks, around HSE management and wider leadership programmes
- Providing direction on global group wide safety performance improvement programmes
- Working with and influencing external organisations and bodies which could impact upon the organisations activities
The ideal candidate will:
- Have significant experience within a high risk and regulated environment (oil, gas, chemicals, engineering ideally)
- Have extensive demonstrable experience in a global senior managerial role, with a proven track record of success
- Be educated to degree level within engineering, sciences or environment
- Hold chartered status with IOSH (or equivalent membership)
- Have a detailed knowledge of major hazards, within company operations and/or supply chain
In return the remuneration for this Head of Safety position is offering a highly competitive salary, plus a rewarding performance related bonus, and an extensive package including; a generous 14% pension contribution, company car, fuel allowance and family private medical healthcare.
To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.