Head of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality- 65k-75k plus extensive package covering prestigious projects across the UK
Principal People are delighted to be recruiting for an incredibly exciting and significant, Head of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality position to join a highly reputable Utilities and Civil Engineering organisation covering prestigious projects. This home and site based position will allow the successful candidate to have a huge influence across ground breaking projects and contracts predominantly across the Midlands, North East and Scotland.
This position will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to develop new standards for the organisation in the way they shape and lead Health and Safety within the business. Reporting directly to the Director of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality, the appointed Head of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality will directly manage and lead a team of experienced professionals to achieve specific tasks.
Taking responsibility for the strategic development of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality function across multiple projects, the successful candidate will develop, create and initiate new working strategies and procedures as well as being involved in tendering for new projects and attending regular meetings.
This significant but hugely positive challenge will include writing and reviewing policies and procedures and creating proposals as appropriate for subsequent changes in the culture and operations of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality across the business and implementing transformation of change and initiatives.
Key responsibilities of this strategic and operational role include:
- Managing and leading a team of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Managers
- Attend regular client, contractor and internal meetings
- Reviewing the organisations Safety, Health, Environment and Quality policies and procedures, creating strategic proposals and gaining commitment from the board to develop these across the business
- Providing leadership and expertise to all operational teams across the business on all HSEQ matters, acting as the point of escalation
- Working with a range of individuals across a diverse risk portfolio, to ensure that safe working practices are conducted and at a later stage, that updated policies and procedures are adopted
- Create and implement initiatives
- Work closely with contractors and sub-contractors
- Regularly attend sites
The successful Head of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality will hold:
- Experience within the Utilities, Construction or Civil Engineering industries
- Happy to travel extensively as required
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Be a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or working towards achieving this in the next 6 months
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience leading and managing a team
With direct links to major stakeholders and the ability to make an impact from day one, this is a truly rare and challenging opportunity which is a incredible career opportunity.
If you are interested in discussing this further, please apply today by sending your most up to date CV to email@example.com
In return the salary is £65-£75k + company car or car allowance (£6k) + 10% pension scheme + discretionary bonus.
Our client is open to seeing candidates with a varied level of experience of Health and Safety within the Utilities, Civil Engineering and Construction industries.