I am currently seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to join a well-established Education organisation based in Hertfordshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to be exposed to a unique and diverse higher-education organisation. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same.
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within a truly multi-disciplined organisation.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a higher-education organisation who are well respected in their space and have recently expanded. They are passionate about progressing their employees and are willing to fund a post graduate diploma for the successful candidate. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Health and Safety Advisor will be responsible for:
- Providing professional and proactive safety advice on all matters relating to current and anticipated legislation and best practice within agreed areas of expertise.
- Taking responsibility and maintaining on-going development of the organisations monitoring activities contributing to the planning, writing of reports and developing action plans in relation to them.
- Taking part in developing a safety audit programme for the organisation and its wholly owned companies, liaising with internal audit, reporting on the findings and ensuring that recommendations are followed through.
- Playing a major role in the delivery of the organisations Health and Safety training and development programme, in collaboration with colleagues in the Health and Safety team.
- Being involved in monitoring accident/fire safety statistics, investigating incidents and accidents, formulating and implementing any follow-up actions that may arise and collaborating with the other safety advisers on fire safety management.
- Promoting the Health, Safety and Workplace Wellbeing Office and representing it at all times in a professional manner that is focused on the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Working with colleagues at the University and within the office on wellbeing initiatives contributing the University’s wellbeing framework.
The ideal Health and Safety Advisor will:
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum
- Hold a degree (will be looking to progress individual through a post graduate diploma)
- Possess experience working in an operational Health and Safety role
- Have demonstrable experience working within a multi-disciplined organisation.
- Be a solution focussed practitioner with a passion about influencing positive Safety culture.
In return, the successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary of up to £35,000 plus 40 days leave (including bank holidays and closure days), an exceptional pension scheme and CPD budget on offer.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.