I am currently seeking a Health and Safety Adviser (Chemical & Biological Safety) to join a well-established Education organisation based in Central London. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented safety professional looking to make a difference. You will have the rare chance to work within this forward-thinking organisation where no two days are the same.
As the Health and Safety Adviser you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment, with the chance to develop within a wide variety of areas within leading creative University in the London area. The successful candidate will ideally be based in or around the London area with travel to a range of sites all within a half mile radius.
Why is this a great opportunity?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a University who are well respected in their space and have recently expanded. The role is extremely varied as you will be working across all departments within the University for around 75% of the role with 25% if your time supporting the Head of Health and Safety in the management of the Life Sciences Department with regard to Chemical and Biological Safety. You will be provided with the necessary tools to carry out the role to the highest standards across a diverse and exciting estate, no two days will be the same!
The Successful Health and Safety Adviser (Chemical & Biological Safety) will be responsible for:
- To provide support to the Life Sciences Department with regard to Chemical and Biological Safety. Advise on regulatory requirements within the laboratory environment.
- Other responsibilities will include supporting the other Health and Safety Advisors on all support functions of the H&S office. For example: DSE workstation risk assessments, new and expectant mothers risk assessments, Occupational Health Service, Fire Safety, Capital projects, Contractor Safety, Statutory examination and testing of plant and equipment, collation and analysis of health and safety performance management data, and preparation of management reports.
- To support the development of health and safety policy and procedures and the provision of information and training to the organisations employees and students.
- Developing a positive Health and Safety culture within an organisation
The ideal Health and Safety Adviser (Chemical & Biological Safety) will have:
- A relevant Science degree with relevant Health and Safety experience in this area or a level 6 qualification within Occupational Health and Safety with experience within a Scientific work environment.
- The ability to work autonomously and provide support to the Head of Health and Safety in managing the Life Sciences Department with regard to Chemical and Biological Safety and advising on regulatory requirements within the laboratory environment.
- Have demonstrable experience working within a multi-disciplined organisation.
- Be a solution focussed practitioner with a passion about influencing positive Safety culture
- Additional Laboratory related Health and Safety qualifications, such as Radiation Protection Supervisor, Biosafety Practitioner, COSHH... (highly desirable)
In return, the successful Health and Safety Adviser (Chemical & Biological Safety) will be offered a salary of up to £39,510 ( Including London Weighting) plus 30 days leave, Bank Holidays plus 3 /4 University closure days (up to 42 days!), an exceptional pension scheme and CPD budget on offer.
We have interview availability over the next two weeks. To ensure you don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, please apply today to express your interest.